HOW DO WE GET FASTER?
TRAINING DETAILSSpeed training should be more than a series of sporadic cone and ladder drills. We want to provide each and every athlete with PROVEN, REAL speed and agility training. At Alpha Athletics, we address every facet of SAQ (Speed, Agility, Quickness) including:
- Increasing relative strength
- Increasing flexibility/mobility in areas specific to sprinting and changing direction
- Acceleration and max velocity technical considerations
- Improve deceleration capabilities
- Reactive speed work and “chaos drills” to mimic game scenarios
Proven By Results
On average, in just 8 weeks of training, athletes at Alpha Athletics improve their 10 yard split times by .12 seconds and add 1.65 inches to their vertical.
Bigger, Faster, Stronger.
“I was referred to Alpha by a teammate of mine. I had just finished my season and had about three months to prepare for an upcoming tryout for a more competitive league. Coming out of the season, I knew I needed to work on getting bigger, faster and stronger to be able to compete for a spot on this new team. The training at Alpha was exactly what I was looking for. The program was specifically tailored to me, taking into account my goals, timeline and my current level of fitness. I left Alpha twice as strong, faster on the ice and much leaner, ultimately leading to a successful season in the new league. Alpha is now my off-season training home because I know I get results every time I'm there.”
- Jeff Eppright, USPHL Philadelphia Flyers